Thursday, April 20, 2006

2 Pounds!?

I had an awful day yesterday. It was filled with headaches, feeling hungry, eating things I didn't want because the diet said I "had to", bitchiness and feelings of resentment towards those around me who were stuffing their faces with whatever they wanted to... I sure hope this gets easier!

I couldn't believe it this morning when I stepped on the scale only to find that I had GAINED 2 pounds in the 24 hours since I last weighed! I stood in my bathroom and cried. I have no idea how to explain that. I feel incredibly defeated and discouraged but I am determined to stick with this for at least 2 more weeks (the recommended length of phase 1 on the South Beach Diet).

Exercise: nothing but errand running and working in the kids' classrooms
Breakfast: 1 fried egg with salt and pepper
AM Snack: none
Lunch: low-carb $6 Burger from Carl's Jr. (hamburger patty, lettuce, onions, 1 slice cheese, 1 slice tomato, pickles, catsup, no mayo)
PM Snack: 1 low-fat mozarella string cheese
Dinner: beef & broccoli - no rice (went out for Asian food)
Water: 2 liters

No comments: