Saturday, December 31, 2005

Say "cheese"!

I'm so excited! I think I must've been one of the last people on the planet still using 35mm film. For Christmas, though, I was given my first digital camera. It's a Kodak Easyshare V530 and I just love it so far. I have had minor difficulties taking pictures indoors with low-light and am not sure if I have some settings wrong or if it's just going to take better pictures outdoors... I'm open to any tips/advice from people with more expertise than I!

2 comments:

Crazy Politico said...

Haven't tried that model yet, but if there is a setting for ISO speed in it, set it to a higher number. Usually they allow 100, 200, and maybe 400 for the speed, just like your old 35mm film did.

me said...

Thanks, CP! I just checked in the user manual and I do have the ability to change that. It was set to "auto" but I have 100, 200, 400 and 800 options as well. I'll mess with them and see how the pictures come out - thanks so much!