Sunday, January 01, 2006

A Much-Needed Nap

I did something today that I haven't done in years - something I haven't been able to do that since before my children (5.5 and 6.5 now) were born! (I was never one of those Moms who "slept when the baby slept" - I always had something to clean or clothes to wash or dinner to prepare...)

I have been running at full-speed since Halloween and, after cooking for two days straight before a New Year's celebration at our home (and, obviously, a late night last night), I guess my body was just in need. I fought it at first - feeling guilty and lazy at the thought of such an "indulgence". I gave in eventually, though, and had the most glorious 1-hour nap I've ever had. For those of you who don't nap - I highly recommend you give it a try.

2 comments:

Crazy Politico said...

Naps should never be guilty, they are a thing of pleasure. Unless the boss is waking you up from one :)

Tammy said...

I never used to be able to nap. I mean, never. But the older I get, the easier it gets to just drift away, when the chance arises. My kids are a bit older, and I'm here to tell you that eventually, you'll get away with it more often! :)