Saturday, December 17, 2005

Christmas - bring it on!

I'm ready! I start shopping early - October, usually - but didn't have every last little thing until just this morning (when I picked up a UPS-delivered box from my porch). I have a small amount of wrapping to do and need to buy some of those bags for odd-shaped things - but I'm DONE with the shopping! I did a lot online this year - Amazon, Victoria's Secret, Brookstone, Macy's... Nothing beats the convenience of that. With my kiddos in Kindergarten just 3.5 hours/day (7:30-11 AM), it really helps me.


The kids are on vacation for 2+ weeks now so whatever things I have to get done this week to prepare for Christmas day, I'll be doing with them. My menu is decided - I always do a prime rib roast with horseradish sauce, popovers, garlic mashed potatoes and a green vegetable - either asparagus or creamed spinach. For dessert, I'll make a pecan pie and some type of cake (so I can use my favorite Fitz & Floyd cake plate). I'm also really looking forward to making and serving Tiratini drinks - martinis that taste like Tiramasu! My girlfriend and I had a few last weekend at a Macaroni Grill restaurant and they were excellent - perfect for Christmas evening (and maybe even Christmas Eve!)!


I love this time of year!

No comments: