Saturday, December 24, 2005

Update to my October 28 Post

My son appears to have "emerged" from the little funk I posted about a few weeks ago. (Phew.) I wonder if I'll ever understand those phases... Are they developmental? Related to something in his diet, supplements, the moon, for pete's sake? So much mystery surrounds my little man... I wish I could just take these things in stride and know that they won't be permanent - I just worry about him so much.

I've decided to put him back on melatonin. I'd had him off of it for a little while. Save for one night when he just could not seem to "turn his brain off" at the end of the day (flashback to those endless nights we used to suffer through during which he'd "bounce off the wall" all night long), he hasn't had many problems - that we've noticed. He had told me on a number of occasions, though, that he was feeling tired during the day so I wonder if the "sleep" he was getting (sans melatonin) was really restful.

He's doing well at home and in school - even scored 100% on his math test 2 weeks ago! Ahead, we trudge!

1 comment:

Octobermom said...

Its hard to deal with these ups and downs - there's so much about autism that I just don't "get" and since she doesn't quite speak it makes it that much harder. I try to convince myself that she's just revving up for a magnificent developmental leap. ;-)
Happy holidays!
Sal.