Thursday, January 26, 2006

Trip Details

Our travel agent notified us today that we will be flying out of LAX (to Fort Lauderdale) at 7 AM the day before our cruise leaves port. We live about 100 miles away from the airport in Los Angeles so we'll drive down the night before and stay at the Renaissance Montura - our favorite airport hotel. Our flight lands in Florida Friday at about 2:45 PM (EST) which is nice - it'll allow us some time to enjoy the area that afternoon and evening. I'm not completely thrilled about the port hotel arrangements she made for us pre-cruise. The hotel (the Sheraton Yankee Clipper) is decent, from what I hear, but rather old and it has some areas that have not been repaired since Hurricane Wilma hit it. The price is right, though. Too - it's just steps away from where we'll get on our ship and, as my husband keeps reminding me, we will only be in the room for about 16 hours!

I've been excited for weeks but it's really getting close now... I've done a ton of research on the ship, the whole "cruise experience" and all 3 of our ports and am just so looking forward to doing this with my family. The first few vacations we tried to take with our son were disastrous. I was convinced, at one point, that the four of us would never be able to do things like this together. I'm so glad I was wrong!

No comments: