Friday, January 13, 2006

Safe To Park

I saw this commercial on television yesterday and literally laughed out loud! I usually get the new Hummer spots e-mailed to me (from my husband) but hadn't seen this one before it aired - it caught me off-guard, to say the least!

It struck a cord with me because of an experience I had when I first got my H2 about 2 years ago. I had been in it maybe a week and was taking the kids to the pediatrician's office for their annual well-checks. I could not find a parking spot in the (tiny) lot outside of her office so I made my way to the overflow parking structure and headed in. It never occurred to me for even a second that the height of my new car (I'd been in a full-sized Tahoe for a year or so prior) might be a problem. I'll spare readers the whole (loud, scary) story - but suffice it to say that I had that truck for a year (after a few pieces of the luggage rack were - ahem - replaced) and never again drove into another parking structure!

1 comment:

Crazy Politico said...

MY 2500 HD had the same problem. At just over 6'2" there were many garages it didn't fit in, and some it did, but only at the entrance. Luckily I never took parts of the roof off of it.