Saturday, September 02, 2006

NASCAR: Here We Come


Tomorrow, my family and I will be attending our first NASCAR Race. I'm not exactly a NASCAR kind of person - knowing next to nothing about the sport at all until about a year ago. My 7-year old son has somehow become quite an enthusiast and since this weekends' race is here in California (at the California Speedway in Fontana), we've decided to take him down for it. If you ask him who his favorite is, he'll tell you "orange Home Depot #20 - Tony Stewart". Cracks me up. I'm going with an open mind - not sure if I'll like it or not but eager to experience it (at least once) nonetheless. My daughter feels the way I do - she is definitely pleased that Kelly Clarkson will be there as Grand Marshall, though!

We will be in the Team Chevrolet suite which is, from what I hear, quite spectacular. We look forward to seeing Jim Belushi perform as well as checking out the Chalet Village and my husband and son cannot wait to make good use of the pit passes they have!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Thanks for checking out my blog. :D And belated Happy Birthday to you; your birthday is the same day as one of my best friends... who, oddly enough, is actually a huge NASCAR fan. Have fun tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Have fun Jessica! I was surprised to see that you were going :) I hope Chase and Ted enjoy the experience. I watch a bit of NASCAR once in a while but don't think I have heard of Chalet Village.

I can't wait to hear what you think about it.

Lori