Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Trip Planning #1

I love going on vacation. I love planning for vacations almost just as much. Maybe I'll look into becoming a Travel Agent in my next life...

Anyway - those of you who have visited me here for a while know that I like "detailed" trip reports and I'm sure I'll write one once we return in July. I thought it'd be fun to post here some of the pre-trip goings on as well and, today, I booked the hotel that we'll stay at the night before our early morning flight out of LAX.

A few years ago, we discovered the Renaissance Montura - a Marriott property very close to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and perfect for the night before those early morning flights out of town. We get a Park & Fly rate there (with our AAA discount) of less than $200. (I booked our room for July at $169 and will continue to check their site for the rate as, if they lower it, they'll adjust my reservation accordingly.) The Park & Fly rate includes a fabulous room (with amazing views of the airport runways but literally no airplane noise!) on the Club Level which allows us access to the concierge lounge that has beverages, cocktails, snack foods, hors d'ouevres, desserts and breakfast as well as 7 days of free valet parking while we are away! The parking alone is $21/day so the rate is incredibly reasonable! Also included in the rate is a limo (towncar) ride to the airport the morning of the flight. Can't beat that!

No comments: