Wednesday, August 17, 2005

My little Jack-O-Lantern

My sweet little boy lost his first tooth (bottom left) 6 days after his 6th birthday. It happened during breakfast one morning towards the end of our trip to Maui this Summer. It's been almost 2 months since that day and still no permanent tooth! How long do these things take to come in? You might notice from the picture that he's missing a top tooth as well. *sigh* That one didn't come out via Ma Nature like the bottom one did. We were at a friends' house for a BBQ and he was running around in the backyard with their new Weimaraner puppy when he tripped. I wish I'd have seen it - I can't figure out, for the life of me, how his face hit the ground before his hands did! Ouch. Anyway - the impact with the ground (according to the one person who witnessed it) sent the tooth flying straight out of his mouth - in one piece! He bled like mad and screamed for a good long while but a quick visit to the dentist the next morning showed that no real trauma occurred. The dentist predicts that the permanent tooth (still up in the gum) is just fine and will come down normally - in another year or two!

No comments: