Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Another 1st Day of Kindergarden

Monday August 22nd was the first day of Kindergarden for my 5-year old daughter.

It was my 6-year old son's second 1st day of Kindergarden. He completed one year of K in 2004-2005. He did incredibly with the academics (much better than I feared) but we decided to have him go around one more time. There are a few (important) things he really needs to work on before we feel like he'll have a chance at succeedingin 1st grade. Both kids attend the morning session (from 7:30 until 11:15 AM) but they are in have different teachers/classrooms. They see each other at recess and during lunch. We're on day #3 right now and everyone is doing wonderfully so far!

My son had aides and shadows with him last year as he mainstreamed from special-ed into regular-ed but has been released from all services and is doing this year completely on his own. I worry a bit about him getting "bored" with the curriculum (all review for him) but he enjoys repetition in general and really needs the extra year, I feel, to grow and mature.

I'm still getting used to the quiet house. I have 3.5 whole hours to myself now every morning of the week! More time to blog perhaps?

No comments: