Saturday, January 12, 2008

Mickey!!!

We enjoyed an amazing trip to Orlando and Disneyworld in July of last year but haven't been to Disneyland (here in California) since we celebrated the kids' 6th and 7th birthdays there in 2006. I decided that it was time to head back to Anaheim and we're now planning a trip for Spring Break in March. I know - I know - it's a horrible time to go. Everyone and their Mother will be there. The weather is great in the Spring, though, and the kids are off school - the timing just works! We'll deal - fortunately, my kids are pretty good at waiting in line and the crowds don't freak my son out now like they used to.

I haven't decided whether I'm going to book the trip on my own or buy a package. Disneyland offers packagess as does Costco and AAA. Doing it on my own will end up costing us the least but booking through someplace gives extra perks that I couldn't get otherwise - character calls (the kids got one in 2006 when they turned 6 and 7 and thought it was great), early entry into Toontown, prefered seating at shows, free parking at the parks etc...

I'd love to stay at the Grand Californian again. For a few years, that's the only place we stayed. Their rates have gone up dramatically, though, and I just can't see spending $500/night for the same room that we used to pay $150 for. We'll see... We've had good luck in the past with the Marriott Anaheim Suites and might do that again. There are definite benefits to staying at one of the Disney properties but I'm not sure the benefits are worth $300+/day.

No comments: