Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Update on Bo

Boner (as we affectionately call my 17.5 year old cat) has been a real trooper... I feel like I'm running in a circle chasing my tail trying to help him, though. The tapazole he needs for his hyperthyroidism is giving him all types of other problems - a lack of appetite, for one - not good in a cat who weighs just over 6 pounds (and who used to be a healthy 14 pounds). To remedy that, I've been giving him an appetite stimulant prescribed by my veterinarian. Although it makes him very nauseous, it did work - initially, at least. As of this afternoon, he has eaten maybe 2 tablespoons of food since last Friday (even with the appetite stimulant).

He seems to be going downhill fast (becoming too weak to walk, not eating or drinking, trying to find places to "hide" around the house) and I'm so fearful that his poor little body will give out here at home before I hear from back from the vet (whom I called this mornng)... I hate this. I don't want to say goodbye to the cat I've had - literally - half of my life. He is an amazing little animal and I cannot imagine not having him around.

No comments: