Thursday, December 28, 2006

The Week In-Between

Our Christmas was wonderful. The kids had fun leaving cookies and milk (as well as "reindeer food" (dry oats & red glitter!)) out for Santa and his crew Christmas Eve and they enjoyed a fantastic Christmas day. I'd been working my tail off to get as many things done ahead of time that I possibly could - in hopes of actually sitting down and enjoying some rest on Christmas day. It was all for naught, however, as I literally did not stop moving from 6 AM until I collapsed on a heap on the couch at 6:30 PM (with a fever, chills and body aches - oi!). The meal turned out wonderful and the company was great.

The kids each received a new set of golf clubs (which we are going to get out and put to use as soon as my daughter and I are feeling better!). The family got a Playstation (2 - not 3) - our first video game system since the early 90's. We are enjoying it so much! Other well-received gifts include an Easy Bake Oven, a Marble Racer, various Hot Wheel cars and accessories, a whole slew of Disney's Ariel dolls as well as clothes, Leapster games, books and a few new DVD's.

I'm not planning anything huge for New Year's... We will have a few friends over for drinks. Baked Potato Cheese Soup, homemade bread and cheesecake are the only things I'm planning on making.

I can't believe it's time to say goodbye to yet another year!

No comments: