Sunday, November 05, 2006

Oh boy...

Almost a month since my last post? Where does the time go? October was a busy month for us with the school's jog-a-thon, Halloween preparations and parties, trick-or-treating and class celebrations. I'd like to say that November should be slower but I know it won't be! Thanksgiving and then, of course, Christmas, will be here before we know it.

The kids enjoyed trick-or-treating this year. My daughter was a genie and my son was a race-car driver. (Both costumes were from Gymboree and just adorable.) The kids were so cute - bubbling with excitement and absurdly thankful for every last piece of anything that was tossed into their trick-or-treat buckets. It's not my favorite holiday - but the little ones certainly enjoy it!

I've been busy preparing for something I hope to do well with on eBay... I've started making bracelets for little girls! I've researched a lot and have taken my time in learning and have found that I really enjoy this. I'm using only quality findings - glass beads (no plastic), Swarovski crystals, Grade A cat's eye beads and sterling silver (not silver plated) spacers and clasps. I'm going to start blogging about the iems I create soon and will post information here on that. Wish me luck!

The children finished their first quarter of 1st grade (already) and both received fantastic report cards. I'm so proud. They both have to work very hard to keep up with the math but their reading is coming along wonderfully. It's so much fun to witness them learn and grow!

I'm enjoying the heck out of my primetime television shows this Fall. Studio 60 is so incredible - it ticks me off that there is talk of it getting cancelled already. I wish the network would give it more time. I agree with the TV Guide writer who said that it might be "too smart a show" for people. They're talking about replacing it with Deal Or No Deal for heaven's sake. Gag! It's brilliantly written (Studio 60) and the acting is just amazing. I'll be sad to see it go. Amazing Race has been fun as has Survivor. I, of course, am loving Grey's Anatomy. What fun, last week, to learn that Dr. McDreamy has a McSister! I'm unsure about the way Dr. Burke's injury storyline is going but trust Shonda Rhimes and am trying to be patient. (Interesting gossip about Isaiah Washington's behavior on-set, isn't there?) I wsn't surprised when TR Knight "came out" a few weeks ago and was pleased to learn that he is apparently seeing an actor from another favorite new show of mine - Brothers & Sisters!

No comments: