Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Golfing with Raymond

My husband recently was invited to play in a fundraiser golf tournament for the American Film Institute. It was a celebrity-am (where 4 golfers are partnered with a celebrity) and he was paired with Ray Romano! I cannot tell you how many times (dozens!) he's been asked "Has anyone ever told you that he/you look (or sound) like Ray Romano?". What a wild coincidence that he was paired with him for the tournament! They had an excellent time - my husband enjoyed him so much and said that he was hysterically funny, down-to-earth and just an all-around great guy.

3 comments:

Crazy Politico said...

Was never much for Ray's show either, however, it is cool when you meet celebrities.

me said...

You know... we actually had a chance to watch quite a bit of the show on a flight from Los Angeles to Maui this Summer. (They played, as "in-flight entertainment" a Best of Raymond tape). I laughed - out loud - harder than I had in a very long time! I should try to catch some of it in syndication sometime...

Tammy said...

I love it when celebrities turn out not to be assholes!!

I never watched his show either. Apparently someone did, since it did so well. But I can't name anybody who has watched it!